Thursday, September 22, 2005

We're all gonna die!!!!!

And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
--- Genesis, chapter 9 Verses 11-17


well..Here we go again
another "killer" hurricane...Though this time I think it for be fo' shizzle, as my eastside friends would say.
I didn't talk much about Katrina or the tragedies of the new Orleans peoples because..Truly..I was tired of the whining and the blame games and the unfounded accusations by people of questionable sanity
now however Rita is hitting a little closer to home
I grew up in Houston...Not to far from were Rita will make land fall and I think what will happen to all the friends I had in my childhood? I have talked about my childhood friends before but today I'm really worried. My grandma has evacuated to my aunts house in Fairfield, so she'll be ok. Hopefully her house, the house I've had so many of my childhood experiences in, weathers ok.
I haven't talked to Keri yet about it but on her blog she says her parents are staying for now. I do hope they're ok as well. The Bas's have been my alternate family for most of my younger years..I have often joked that Keri and P4 were the siblings I never wanted...But I digress
the hurricane is being tracked as maintaining at least a Cat 1 status on up into central Texas..Which is were I happen to live. And as can be predicted people are panicking .
My darling Pet, who works a corporate big box store that starts with a "W" said there was actual fights over bottled water and toilet paper...The truth is probably the worst well see is a lot of wind and rain..And maybe a power outage or two...Not much else.
oh well ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home